Umpires, Coaches, Players, and parents are strongly recommended to adhere to State of Massachusetts COVID19 regulations and guidance except when the ball is in play.
· Each player will have a designated personal space utilizing the area outside the 1st and 3rd base fence line. Players can bring a chair or stand. Players will always be in these assigned spaces when they are not playing, 2) when the team is at bat, the next 3 batters can be on the bench / on deck area.
· No touch rule when the ball is not in play– players should refrain from high fives, handshake lines, and other physical contact with teammates, opposing players, coaches, umpires, and fans.
· Tag outs are permitted as in standard baseball rules.
· No spitting or eating seeds, gum, other similar products.
· Coaches must wear face coverings at all times.
· Players must wear face coverings at all times while not actively participating in the field of play. Batters and baserunners are not required to wear a mask but can do so if they choose.
· Umpires will be 6 feet behind the pitcher, not behind the plate.
· No team water coolers or shared drinking stations - players should bring labeled individual water containers.
· Whenever possible, equipment and personal items should have proper separation and should not be shared. If equipment must be shared, proper sanitation should be administered between users.
· The double first base rule used in softball will be used for baseball to create distance and minimize potential contact between the 1st baseman and the runner.
-Each team will have its own set of game balls which be used only when that team is in the field.
-No postgame handshakes. Players will gather outside of their respective dugout after the game and tip their cap to the opposing team.
--Each team will provide a parent volunteer to work as a “safety monitor” for each game. This volunteer will assist the coaching staff in making sure the players follow the new COVID rules while in the dugout.
-Each team will be equipped with two sets of catching gear. Facemasks should be sprayed with disinfectant after every use.
--Parents are encouraged to supply their child with their own hand sanitizer.