Baseball helps instill values of teamwork, sportsmanship, hard work, respect and resiliency.
Westwood Baseball Association aspires to be an outstanding developmental-athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete.
A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using a guiding principle focused on growth (individual & collective) and less concerned with outcomes
- Has fun at practices and games
- Feels like a valuable part of the team regardless of individual performance
- Learns “life lessons” of goal setting, resilliancy, and teamwork that have value beyond the playing field
- Learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game and improves as a player.
We are 100% reliant on parent volunteers to ensure the accomplishment of these goals each season. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to succeed as a Positive Coach. We are committed to creating a positive culture, in which coaches, parents, fans, officials and umpires work together to achieve our mission.
We are committed to providing a safe, competitive environment promoting theses values through the enjoyment, appreciation and understanding of the game of baseball.
Competitiveness does not have to come at the expense of fun. Our goal is to make all players on the roster better and in doing so give each of them a better individual chance at success. In making every player better, we increase the likelihood of team success.
Win or lose we treat everyone: officials, fans, coaches, and players (both teammates & opponents) with respect. In short, we honor the game of baseball.